Monday, March 9, 2009

Just Do It

I wish I could be mad that Nike stole the one marketing phrase that sums up my everyday life as a mom. The first time I used it was when I had to deliver my son. You see unfortunately (and some say luckily) he was ready to arrive very quickly into this world. So by the time I was in the hospital, there was no time for an epidural. So... I just had to do it. The second time it came from my mother. Well maybe second through say fiftieth time I would say. Anyhow, I had a follow up doctor's appointment and was terrified to take my six week old baby by myself. What if he freaked out in the car seat and I could not console him? What if he gets hungry? What if he cries during it? All my mother said was "You just do it. Everyone does it. You'll get through it. And by the way I'm sure they have had crying babies there before." Well, I did it. And he was an angel the entire time. What had I been worrying about? Since then he has had public melt downs. I don't panic anymore or get embarrassed. What am I going to do? Not leave the house? You just do it. And so does every other mom on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment